Why THIS job?
Your work will be seen by medical researchers all over the world as you work for Quotient on site with the National Institute of Health and it?s Departments, Library, and Research Centers designing and updating their websites, databases and creating new online, interactive tools.
Quotient, established in 1999, is a small business providing a range of technical expertise to include web design and development, program and project management and information technology solutions and support to government and private industry.
Quotient is dedicated to providing the highest quality and most cost-effective solutions to our clients. Quotient has a solid track record based on timely completion of contract requirements and superior work quality. Quotient?s core capabilities include: web and enterprise content management, web design and development, application design, development and maintenance, cybersecurity, systems engineering, and project management.
Since our inception, Quotient has served defense and civilian Federal Government clients, growing steadily in both the number of contracts and the scope of our business enterprise.
DBA recruitment qualifications:
Note to Candidates: We currently use Oracle 11 and will go to 12 (no date yet). There is a MySql component to this role, and we seek candidates that will embrace that fact
1. 5+ years of experience with 10g/11g database installation, administration, patching, upgrades and migration on Unix/Linux. Oracle 12c experience is a plus.
2. Experience with MySQL 5 administration on Linux.
3. Experience with Oracle RAC installation, configuration and administration.
4. Experience using SQL and PLSQL to assist developers with code reviews.
5. Proficient in developing and implementing database backup and recovery strategy.
6. Proficient in query and database tuning.
7. Understand database security model and how to use it effectively to restrict data access.
8. Knowledgeable in using Oracle Data Guard technology.
9. Demonstrated in taking initiatives and working independently.
10. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
11. Open to learning and working with new technology.
12. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
13. Expertise writing shell scripts.
14. Proficient with Unix/Linux command line utilities and operations.
15. Ability to work and collaborate with diverse groups of people in various teams to address database application issues.
16. Good written and verbal communication skills.
17. Experience in a 24x7 production environment.