Job DetailsPosition: Oracle Spatial DBA (Ref: 1007)
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Duration: 1 Years 5 Months 6 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $105.00/hr
We are seeking a senior database architect/developer to join the Spatial Intelligence Group in the Enterprise Data Management section. The selected candidate will assess and maintain the existing Oracle based system and the related linear referencing system.
The selected candidate will:
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
• Work with a team of developers.
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
• Implement software development life cycle best practices and continuous process improvement of existing processes.
• Design and develop database packages, procedures, functions, and queries to maintain production data, address production support tickets, and provide development support with a strong emphasis on data quality and stability.
• Write and maintain/extend existing PL/SQL code to convert initial data sets, perform system enhancements, and improve transaction editing.
• Review the existing database implementation and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
• The successful candidate will be capable of performing an analysis of the effectiveness of the existing system and clearly communicate reasoned justification for continuance and update, or alternative approaches.
• 8 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong development experience or other applicable and/or equivalent development skills, knowledge and work history.
• Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
Desired knowledge of and experience with the following technologies:
• Oracle 11g/12c
• Oracle Spatial
• SQL Developer
• SQL Loader
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Linear referencing and linear referencing method conversions
• ArcGIS Server experience
Required / Desired Skills
• Oracle, PL/SQL (Required 8 Years)
• Oracle Spatial, Python (Highly Desired 5 Years)
• Toad, SQL Developer, SQL Loader (Highly Desired 5 Years)
• Team Foundation Server (Highly Desired 3 Years)
How to apply
Applications are completed online. Go here to register, log in and apply: http://www.professionaltechintegration.com/PTICloud9/?option=com_mycareer&job=view&jpid=1007&Itemid=508