Job DetailsFunction – Programming Development:
• Will be responsible for coding applications using Oracle APEX.
• Will apply documented program standards and conventions and assist in development of same.
• Will be responsible to develop and implement appropriate error handling techniques.
• Will be required to take basic designs and extend them within bounds of standards and approved methodology.
• Will be responsible for creation of test plans and for execution of same as part of program development.
• Will assist in performing code reviews to insure best practice/adherence to documented standards.
• Must have proven knowledge in Oracle APEX (4.0 +), SQL and Advanced PL/SQL. Knowledge of Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports is preferred, but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field plus at least 4-5 years of recent experience using above Oracle tools with high level of proficiency.
• Familiarity with Analytics, BI Publisher, Answers and Dashboard would be a plus.
• Must have good working knowledge of packages, functions and analytics.
• Must possess sound understanding of relational database structures, joins, etc…
• Must understand indexing and performance tuning approaches.
• Must understand and follow defined program development methodology.
• Must maintain skills relative to programming tool set as those tools advance functionality.
• Must possess good analytical and communications (verbal and written) skills.
• Must be logical, analytical, detailed and precise.
• Must accept responsibility to see projects to completion meeting accuracy and efficiency goals.
• Must be able to work extended hours when/if required.
• Must work efficiently and cooperatively with a small group and with minimal direction and supervision.
As the client is transitioning from Oracle Forms and Reports to APEX, they are looking specifically for an Oracle APEX resource. The candidate must have proven knowledge in Oracle APEX (4.0 +), SQL and Advanced PL/SQL. Knowledge of Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports is preferred, but not required. Perhaps someone who has experience in PL/SQL who then moved into APEX. is preferred.
How to apply