Job DetailsCompany Overview
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
U. S. Steel has an immediate opening for an Application Architect within the EBS Application Run Support team located in Pittsburgh, PA. The Application Architect will be responsible for supporting the Oracle EBS solution, specifically focused on the Order to Cash functionality. The Application Architect will serve as a functional liaison for applications support to respond to, prioritize, and resolve customers’ continuity support and/or maintenance requests.
• Primary focus will be to support requests related to the Oracle EBS system
• Research and resolve system errors, unexpected results or process flaws
• Review, test and implement system changes, upgrades and patches
• Troubleshoot data issues related to the system
• Maintain configurations for the system
• Perform scheduled activities and recommend solutions and alternate methods to meet requirements/deadlines
• Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades or fixes
• Assist in supporting other Oracle EBS modules such as Record to Report and Procure to Pay
• Responsible for adherence to Corporate Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions as applicable to job function
Minimum Requirements (Requirements that are essential for performing the job):
• Candidates need to have experience with SQL
• Candidates need to have experience with Order Management Systems
• 2+ years of experience supporting Oracle EBS (R12) system in the Order to Cash area
• 5+ years of experience with Order to Cash or similar ERP systems
• Experience in applications systems development, testing and defect resolution
• Experience designing or developing in a structured SDLC environment
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational, project, process and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelors Degree required; majors preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.