Experiened, Expert in high availibity solutions, high throughput-high performance enterprise class disk subsytems, Unix system administration, fiber channel connectivity and volume manager administration
* oracle DBA
* Experienced DBA, knowledgeable of ins and outs, keeping OLTP Database operational and protected
* OCP 8, 8i. Currently studying for 9i
* Skilled in the monitoring and tuning of servers in addition to databases
* Knowledgeable in I/O strategies, e.g. disk subsystems, mirroring, RAID, volume management
* Expert in high-availability strategies, e.g. table partitioning, live reorganization, standby database
* Highly knowledgeable of oracle Data Dictionary and oracle pre-supplied packages
* Skilled in creating custom administrative tools using SQLplus scripting, Unix shell scripting, PERL
* Skilled in installing oracle software, upgrading oracle Server, creating databases, creating database jobs, configuring oracle networking
* Skilled in security strategies, e.g. user accounts, passwords, system and object privileges, roles
* Skilled in working with oracle Support, e.g. contacting, logging TARS, uploading trace files
* Knowledgeable of online oracle resources, e.g. Metalink, OTN, DBASupport.com
* Skilled installing and configuring OEM, including repository, intelligent agents, OMS and client
* Skilled working in UNIX environment, including system administration
2000-Present Live Oak Telecom, L.L.C. Austin, TX
* Currently administering high-throughput, high-availability oracle Database, processing live long-distance phone traffic.
* Increased availability and performance of mission critical database despite substantial traffic growth and continuous deployment of new software.
* Conceived and implemented partitioning strategy that in addition to increasing database manageability and recoverability, saved hardware expense.
* Helped make critical infrastructure decisions, insuring system's worthiness and ability to meet future needs.
* Maintained continuous high level of performance by instituting procedures monitoring database and performing periodic live reorganization.
* Worked closely with application developers, identifying and tuning inefficient SQL.
Unimportant Stuff I Did Before oracle
1990-2000 K & E Chemical Co. Cleveland, OH
* Coordinated office and plant operations for restoration cleaning chemical manufacturer.
1980-1990 Unity Rubber Newbury, OH
* Coordinated office and plant operations for rubber pre-former/molder.
1998-1999 Cuyahoga Community College Cleveland, OH
* oracle SQL PL/SQL, Database Administration, Backup and Recovery, Network Administration and Performance Tuning.
1977-1979 University of Dayton Dayton, OH
* Undergraduate Science Major .