Orace Data warehouse specialist with 8 years on Oracle/Unix
Data warehouse specialist with 9 years of experience on oracle/Unix based projects performing
business analysis, system design , module development , unit and system testing , deployment and
maintenance for Data Warehouse systems and client/server systems . Develop performance-oriented systems
and submitting deliverables before schedule. Help colleagues in their technical problems . Strong
organizational , problem solving , communication skills and could lead a team .
Areas of strength : oracle Data Warehouse systems , Application Development , Data Modeling
Databases : oracle 8.0 , oracle 7.3 , Universal Databases Design
Languages : PL/SQL, SQL, Perl , Pro*C , HTML , Java , Unix Shell Scripting , ANSI C
Tools : ETL Tool Constellar , Ab Initio , CASE 5.1 , Designer/2000 , Developer/2000 6i,
SQL*Loader , TOAD , SQL Navigator , YACC , Autosys , Maestro , PVCS
Operating Systems : AIX 4.3 , Unix SVR 4.2, DEC Unix 4.0, Windows NT 4.0 , SCO Unix , HP-UX
Education : Bachelor Of Technology , 1993 , Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute Of Technology , Kanpur , India
Futurtech Consulting Inc 11/00 to Present
Client : First USA Bank , Data Warehouse Specialist
Supported mission critical data streams and data extractions into Operational Data Store ,
Analytical Data Store and Data Marts which are accessed by various lines of business like Risk
Management, Marketing , Finance. Data Stores and Data Marts are built using oracle 8.0.6 Parallel
Server Option , SQL*Loader , Ab Initio on RS-6000 AIX nodes
· Coded PL/SQL , SQL , Unix shell scripts , SQL*Loader , create temp tables and indexes to resolve
production issues to comply with Service Level Agreement with business users and external vendors
· Improve data quality and system and operational processes
RCG Information Technology , 09/98 to 11/00
Client : Tyco Electronics , Data Warehouse Analyst / Developer / Data Modeler 09/00 to 11/00
Designed and developed enhancements and fixed bugs in Field Engineers Information System ( FEIS ) to
aid the Field Engineers and improve system performance by automating manual processes .
· oracle Web-based application to support field engineers servicing customer equipment, deployed
on 3-tier architecture : Desktop , oracle Web Application Server and oracle8 Server .
· Debug forms 6.0 and reports 6.0 modules
· Automated manual reporting process to save time and effort by Product Specialist.
Facilitate integration of business acquisition's data into Generic Tyco Structures ( GTS ) in Data
Warehouse , based on Universal Database Design. Business data and business rules are stored in GTS .
Data Extraction Facility ( DEF ) : Written in PL/SQL packages , stored procedures and functions
· Allows to extract data about entities and its relationships to flat file or an oracle table .
· Added new features to DEF to extract Code, Cross References and Hierarchy to build dimensions
· Redesigned DEF to increase the performance of extract processes by 50% and make modular ,
Uses Dynamic SQL ( both DDL and DML ) and heavy use of PL/SQL tables
· Coded Unix korn shell scripts for calling PL/SQL anonymous blocks
· Automate and support SS001 Interest File Process, facilitating acquisitions to know Tyco Part numbers
GTS Wave II Enhancements
· Business users wanted to store future data , many to many relationships , multiple attribute
values for an attribute , N-way relationships and delta extracts
· Designed technical solutions to implement these enhancements in GTS Data Model by changing
business data tables and business rules tables.
· Coded and system tested some of the changes to DEF, delta extract feature drastically reduces time
· Documented specification for Write API , set of PL/SQL packages used by Data Acquisition Framework
( DAF ) feeds to batch load into GTS and DMF for online updates
· Coded and unit tested Common oracle Routines used by DAF , DMF and DEF
· Coded extract Unix and PL/SQL scripts for one of the business acquisition
Client : Book Of The Month Club , oracle Consultant 06/99 to 10/99
Member of Warehouse Control System Team , worked on Wipeoff, Returns and Shipping Label system .
· For Wipeoff and Shipping Label System Pro*C , AIX Shell scripts , SQL*Loader and PL/SQL programs
were developed to load , delete and archive data . Wipeoff System can now speed up wipe off
process. 1000s of invoices daily can be wiped off compared to 10s of invoices manually earlier
· For Returns System developed screens for Radio Frequency devices using PL/SQL packages and API
calls for RF devices . Reduces time required to make the books resaleable from the inventory
Client : AMP , oracle Data Warehouse Consultant 02/99 to 04/99
AMP had an infrastructure called Data Acquisition Framework ( DAF ) to load the data into
Data Warehouse . ETL tool Constellar was used .
To develop the Material Master data feed following tasks were done :
· Registered the data feed using DAF Registration software , Developer/2000 application
· Developed Common oracle Routines (COR) for data validation using PL/SQL
· Developed Constellar transactions to load , validate and transform data to populate into oracle tables
Client : JJ Kenny , division of McGraw Hill Company, oracle Consultant 09/98 to 01/99
Member of Production Support Team worked on Kenny Base System and Notification System .
Developed PL/SQL , SQL and Unix scripts to generate data files/reports and C for complex reports
HCL - HEWLETT PACKARD PRIVATE LIMITED 09/96 to 05/98
Client : Franklins ( Sydney ) , oracle Consultant 01/97 to 05/98
Member of Supply Chain Value Stream, worked on Purchase History System and AutoFax .
AutoFax : EDI - Integrator Level 3 was integrated into Legacy Purchase Order system to enable faxing
Designed and developed complete system to accomplished 70% savings over manual faxing and saved lot of
time for replenishers
Purchase History System ( PHS ) : Based on oracle 7.0 , Forms 4.0 and Reports 2.0 , led the team of three
to resolve the issues raised by business users by designing fixes for system bugs and system enhancements
Client : Hyderabad Industries Limited , oracle Consultant 09/96 to 01/97
Team Leader for five developers working on Personnel Information System based on oracle 7.0 and
SQL*Forms 3.0 , SQL*ReportWriter 1.1 and SQL*Menu 5.0 .
· Created logical, physical data model, data flow diagram and specifications for Forms , Reports
and PL/SQL modules
SOFTSTAR CONSULTANCY PRIVATE LIMITED 10/95 to 08/96
Client : Bristol Myers Squibb , oracle Consultant
· Developed and tested the PL/SQL packages to replace all the Forms 3.0 built-ins to
Forms 4.5 built-ins included in module code stored in Designer/2000 repository tables .
· Customized Forms modules using Customizer/2000 , Designer/2000 and Developer/2000
ELECTRONICS CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED, oracle Developer 06/93 to 10/95
Team Leader in two oracle projects : Export Management System (EMS) and Official Duty Information
System (ODIS). EMS was inventory application, ODIS is to manage information about officers on duty.
Designed logical and physical data model of system and developed interpreter tool for DHARMA RDBMS ,
ECPSQL, similar to oracle PL/SQL 1.0. ECPSQL was built using YACC tool of Unix and ANSI C.