Experience installing, configuring, tuning, and managing Oracle servers and UNIX/Windows servers in both physical and virtual environments.
6006 Grayson Street Springfield, VA 22150-3716
Personal E-mail: Cell Phone: 703-969-5264
JOB OBJECTIVE: SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Over 30 years experience in database administration and networking.
* Worked as a Database Administrator installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting major database
management systems on UNIX/Windows 2008/2003 (oracle 4-12c, MarkLogic, Sybase, Informix, mysql
& SQL Server), IBM MVS (Datacom DB), including data warehouses, ASM, oracle RAC clusters.
* Installed and configured clustered databases via SANs and Netapp Filers with oracle RAC, MySQL
Clustered databases, and Marklogic XML databases.
* Experience with virtual cloud environments including Red Hat Virtualization Manager (RHEVM),
Amazon, Virtual Private Cloud, VMware, Quest Cloud Automation Platform, and oracle VM VirtualBox.
* Experience with Veritas Netbackup and BackupExec, Veritas Volume Manager, and RMAN oracle hot
backups, as well as the traditional UNIX cpio, dd, tar, volcopy, and dump utilities.
* Used PL/SQL, oracle web server, oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*PLUS, SQLLDR, TOAD, BMC
PATROL, and QUEST Central Office/Foglight.
* Worked on nationwide distributed database systems supporting 30,000 plus users, multiple gigabytes of
memory and petabyte size storage systems. Used telnet, ftp, NFS, Hummingbird Exceed, PCAnywhere,
Timbuktu, Terminal Services, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Junos Pulse, and DB2
CONNECT interfaces between UNIX servers and MVS mainframes..
* Over 15 years experience as a Computer Instructor for multiple organizations.
* Designed/taught courses in oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c administration, UNIX administration and networking, , Windows NT Certification (MCSE courses), Novell NetWare (CNE courses), Communications, Cisco Router Certification (CCNA/CCNP), Java Programming Certification, TCL/TK, SQL Server Administration, Lotus Notes administration, and C programming.
* Designed/taught UNIX scripting classes and web server classes using UNIX shell, Perl, and TCL/TK.
* Taught courses in Computer Architecture, Programming Languages, and Systems Analysis.
* Worked as a UNIX system administrator on oracle/Sun Solaris, SCO UNIX, DYNIX, XENIX,
Redhat/CentOS/SUSE Linux, IBM AIX, Compaq Tru64 UNIX , HP-UX, Ubuntu.
* Experience integrating UNIX, Windows 2000/NT 4 Server, Novell NetWare, Cisco routers and
switches., and DB2 CONNECT interfaces between UNIX servers and MVS mainframes.
* Network Administrator on Windows 2000/NT & Novell NetWare (Token Ring & Ethernet).
* Programming languages used include UNIX shell, C, C++, Perl, Java, HTML, oracle PL/SQL, COBOL,
FORTRAN, Pascal, BASIC, TCL/TK, & Ada.
* Held technical, supervisory, and staff positions, to include contract administration.
* Experience in risk analysis and network security issues in LAN/WAN environments.
* Provided middleware support to Websphere, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat. IIS, and oracle web server.
* UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, B.A. in Math, Minor in Scientific Computing.
Charlottesville, Virginia, May 1982. Completed over $100,000 worth of training at various vendors on
topics such as oracle, Databases, UNIX, VMS, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Novell NetWare,
Communications, Networking, Cisco Routers &Switches, and other topics.
Senior Linux Administrator, ERT Corp., 8380 Colesville Road, Suite 100-A, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Client site: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)/National Marine Fisheries Service
1315 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910. 11/2017 – present.
*Worked as the Operations Team Leader for the DEVOPS environment.
*Performed duties as a Senior Linux Administrator for the NOAA physical blade and virtual systems (RHEVM) for Redhat and CentOS versions 5/6/7, including sftp, Samba, and NFS servers.
*Assisted DBAs with the maintenance of oracle 11g/12c and Mysql databases.
*Supported middleware such as oracle Weblogic, Apache, and JBOSS web servers and proxy servers.
*Assisted with application deployments using oracle APEX and Jenkins software.
*Monitored Linux servers with Observium, SNMP, and native Linux commands.
*Performed Linux troubleshooting and created help tickets to Redhat and Symantec technical support.
*Administered work tickets and project management tasks with JIRA. Installed JIRA.
*Patched Linux systems using Ansible and yum.
*Supported Linux backups with Netbackup and Quantum DXi4601 unit.
*Helped administer a SAN using Redhat target-cli.
*Provided system documentation on an internal Wikki web site using Confluence and Google Docs.
*Assisted with the troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking issues and network design/migrations.
*Assisted with the security review and hardening of Linux systems and web servers