Resume DetailPurchase Contact $1
Experience installing, configuring, tuning, and managing Oracle servers and UNIX/Windows servers in both physical and virtual environments.
JOB OBJECTIVE: SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Over 30 years experience in database administration and networking.
* Worked as a Database Administrator installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting major database
management systems on UNIX/Windows 2008/2003 (oracle 4-12c, MarkLogic, Sybase, Informix, mysql
& SQL Server), IBM MVS (Datacom DB), including data warehouses, ASM, oracle RAC clusters.
* Installed and configured clustered databases via SANs and Netapp Filers with oracle RAC, MySQL
Clustered databases, and Marklogic XML databases.
* Experience with virtual cloud environments including Red Hat Virtualization Manager (RHEVM),
Amazon, Virtual Private Cloud, VMware, Quest Cloud Automation Platform, and oracle VM VirtualBox.
* Experience with Veritas Netbackup and BackupExec, Veritas Volume Manager, and RMAN oracle hot
backups, as well as the traditional UNIX cpio, dd, tar, volcopy, and dump utilities.
* Used PL/SQL, oracle web server, oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*PLUS, SQLLDR, TOAD, BMC
PATROL, and QUEST Central Office/Foglight.
* Worked on nationwide distributed database systems supporting 30,000 plus users, multiple gigabytes of
memory and petabyte size storage systems. Used telnet, ftp, NFS, Hummingbird Exceed, PCAnywhere,
Timbuktu, Terminal Services, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Junos Pulse, and DB2
CONNECT interfaces between UNIX servers and MVS mainframes..
* Over 15 years experience as a Computer Instructor for multiple organizations.
* Designed/taught courses in oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c administration, UNIX administration and networking, , Windows NT Certification (MCSE courses), Novell NetWare (CNE courses), Communications, Cisco Router Certification (CCNA/CCNP), Java Programming Certification, TCL/TK, SQL Server Administration, Lotus Notes administration, and C programming.
* Designed/taught UNIX scripting classes and web server classes using UNIX shell, Perl, and TCL/TK.
* Taught courses in Computer Architecture, Programming Languages, and Systems Analysis.
* Worked as a UNIX system administrator on oracle/Sun Solaris, SCO UNIX, DYNIX, XENIX,
Redhat/CentOS/SUSE Linux, IBM AIX, Compaq Tru64 UNIX , HP-UX, Ubuntu.
* Experience integrating UNIX, Windows 2000/NT 4 Server, Novell NetWare, Cisco routers and
switches., and DB2 CONNECT interfaces between UNIX servers and MVS mainframes.
* Network Administrator on Windows 2000/NT & Novell NetWare (Token Ring & Ethernet).
* Programming languages used include UNIX shell, C, C++, Perl, Java, HTML, oracle PL/SQL, COBOL,
FORTRAN, Pascal, BASIC, TCL/TK, & Ada.
* Held technical, supervisory, and staff positions, to include contract administration.
* Experience in risk analysis and network security issues in LAN/WAN environments.
* Provided middleware support to Websphere, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat. IIS, and oracle web server.
* UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, B.A. in Math, Minor in Scientific Computing.
Charlottesville, Virginia, May 1982. Completed over $100,000 worth of training at various vendors on
topics such as oracle, Databases, UNIX, VMS, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Novell NetWare,
Communications, Networking, Cisco Routers &Switches, and other topics.
Senior Linux Administrator, Engility Corp., 4803 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151. Client site: Food & Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20708, 11/2016 – present.
*Performed duties as a Senior Linux Administrator for the FDA physical, virtual, and cloud systems.
*Supported High Performance Computing (HPC) supercomputer with a 40 node CentOS production cluster and a 128 node CentOS development cluster using HP Clusterstor (Lustre) and about 3 PB of data.
*Supported Redhat/CentOS/Suse/Ubuntu Linux on scientific workstations within FDA.
*Created and supported VMware based virtual servers and workstations using Redhat/CentOS Linux.
*Supported CentOS Linux virtual machines in the external Amazon AWS cloud.
*Wrote scripts and automated installs as required.
*Provided support as needed for oracle 12c, Mysql, and SQL Server database management systems.
*Assisted with TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting NFS, and administering DNS/Apache/Samba servers.
*Installed and configured Nagios and Ganglia network monitoring tools.
*Configured Linux to Windows Active Directory authentication via Centrify and LDAP.
*Patched Linux servers with Spacewalk, yum, and rpm.
Lead Systems Engineer, INDUS Corporation, 1951 Kidwell Drive, Eighth Floor, Vienna, VA 22182. Client site: Library of Congress, 9050 Wellington Road, Room 01AA31, Manassas, VA 20109, 11/2015–9/2016.
*Performed duties as a Lead Systems Engineer for Library of Congress UNIX systems at the Alternate Computer Facility for Redhat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Linux, oracle Solaris, and IBM AIX systems.
*Supported work for system failover from primary to d