Oracle Application/Datawarehouse Developer (OCP Trained for 9i)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced writing data extracts for oracle and DB2 based data warehouse.
- Hands on experience in developing n-tier client/server oracle-based applications.
- Proven track record in data modeling, requirement analysis, testing, and systems development.
- Expert writing Web user interfaces for RDBMS (oracle, SQL Server, Access).
- Completed the OCP (oracle Certified Professional) training from a Certified oracle Institution.
- Equipped with oracle DBA skills such as Data Backup, Recovery, Performance Tuning & Monitoring.
- Skilled and experienced in oracle Reports 2000, PL/SQL, and SQL Plus.
- Working knowledge of Shell Scripting on UNIX platform.
- Qualified and experienced to write technical & user manuals, and conducting training sessions for programmers and Project Leaders.
- Achieved Six Sigma Green Belt process improvement certification for Total Quality Management.
- Adept in project management using major project management tools & processes including preparing budgets and timelines.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
SOFTWARE & PROGRAMMING SKILLS
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPED & SUPPORTED
Air Travel Control System Flight Tracking System Inventory Control System Material Procurement Payroll & General Ledger Package Delivery system AMISYS Health Plan System Master Person Index system Data Warehouse Reporting System Data Management system Lessons Learned system Manufacturer Reporting System Outline Tracking system Preventive Maintenance Patient Management system
WORK HISTORY: (16 Years in IT Including Data Analyst & Leading Roles)
DFW HiTech Solutions, Dallas, Texas. April 02 to Now
- Managing and providing IT and Web solutions to the business community.
- Designing, developing, and enhancing Internet/Intranet and database interfaces and applications.
- Collecting and writing requirement specifications, contracts, design documents, performing project and budget/cost analysis.
Honeywell Engine & Systems, Tucson, Arizona. July 99 to Nov. 01
- oracle Developer: Successfully accomplished the oracle development projects using Developer 2000, SQL Plus, and PL-SQL.
- Project Management: Activities included maintaining relationships with customers and vendors, cost analysis, meeting project and budget targets, data and process modeling using ERD, writing Design Documents and DFDs.
- Green-Belt Certification for TQM: Achieved the certification from Six-Sigma/Process improvement team for identifying defects in current processes and recommending the solution to improve time and cost tremendously.
- Y2K Project Support: Tested and modified the end-user applications to make them Y2K-compliant throughout our site.
- Win. 2000 Deployment Lead: Performed a leading role for Windows 2000 deployment project.
CDI Information Services, Tucson, Arizona. May 98 to July 99
- Software Developer/Consultant: Activities included data management application maintenance, support, and enhancement.
- oracle Developer: Wrote new reports from scratch and converted text-based reports into GUI-based reports using Developer 2000.
- System Conversion: Converted FoxPro applications into Access or WEB-based applications.
- Technical Writer: Compiled a technical manual for a homegrown Data Management system.
TMC HealthCare. Tucson, Arizona. Feb 96 to May 98
- Data Warehousing Analysis: performed data modeling using ERD, mapping, analysis of legacy data. Activities included data extract, Transform, and Load. Wrote test scripts for testing and monitoring the results on the target (oracle) database.
- Application System Developer: Performed maintenance, enhancement, support, and systems integration activities using FoxPro, Access, Cognos Powerhouse Products, DB2/MVS, HP3000/MPE, UNIX/AIX system tools and utilities.
- Interface Engine Analysis: Used CloverLeaf interface engine for data cleansing, HL7 translation, and data transforming using the GUI features as well as using TCL on AIX box.
- Access Programming: Developed queries and reports in Access to retrieve information directly from DB2 data warehouse via ODBC connection. Modified existing queries to improve their performance.
- Production Support: Provided development support on AMISYS, COTS systems, and end-user applications. Wrote new programs to meet the needs of user-groups on existing systems using Powerhouse products and FoxPro.
ISC, Inc. Tucson, Arizona. April 94 to Jan.96
Software Consultant: Provided consulting service to local employers in programming and support on FoxPro applications. Developed a call ownership application in VM/REXX and SQL/DS for IBM marketing group.
MS Computer Information Systems. University of Phoenix, Tucson, Arizona.
BS Computer Science. University Of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
oracle 9i DBA Certification Training. University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
Dreamweaver 4.0 Ultradev Training. Macromedia Authorized Institute. Arizona.
Basic & Advanced Training in Java Programming. Honeywell Training Ctr. Arizona.