Over 25yrs experience developing custom applications using Oracle database and tools.
• Dynamic and knowledgeable Oracle Consultant with extensive experience in designing and developing custom Oracle-based solutions.
• Versatile professional with exceptional organizational skills.
• Very adept at providing excellent troubleshooting that allows maladies to quickly be identified and resolved.
• Superior communication/interpersonal skills provide excellent interfacing with company, procurement, vendor, manufacture, third-party product reseller personnel and all levels of client personnel.
CompTIA Security certified.
oracle Products: RDBMS v6/7/8/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c [15yrs], Designer v2k/6i [6yrs], Developer v2k/6i [6yrs], PL/SQL [15yrs], SQL*Plus [15yrs], 9iAS [4yrs], Portal [10yrs], RMAN [10yrs] JDeveloper [2yrs], Discoverer [3yrs], Enterprise Manager [8yrs], Workbench [2yrs]. AS10g[10yrs] SSO[3yrs], OC4J[2yrs], COM[2yrs], WebLogic Server[8yrs], DataGuard [8yrs]
OS/Other: UNIX /Linux[20yrs], OpenVMS [2yrs], Windows Advanced Server [20yrs], AOS/VS [2yrs], VMware[10yrs]
Life Cycle Expertise: Requirements Analysis [15yrs], Data Modeling [15yrs], ER Modeling [15yrs], Logical & Physical Database Design [13yrs], Application Development [21yrs], Acceptance Testing [ 9yrs], Training [9yrs], Implementation [15yrs], Support [15yrs]
Specialty Skills: Stored Packaged Procedures [15yrs.], Database Triggers [15yrs.], Application & Database Tuning [15yrs.], Database Administration [14yrs], Web Admin. [14yrs], SSL Configuration [13yrs], Data Conversion [15yrs], EDI [13yrs] Application Interfaces [18yrs]
& ASSOCIATES, INC., Baton Rouge, LA
Primary Consulting Projects:
oracle DBA/Architect LA Office of Group Benefits, Baton Rouge, LA 02/2007 – 12/2017
• Provided web administration, database administration and oracle Portal & PL/SQL development for SEBOIS (State Employee Benefits Online Information Service – https://www.groupbenefits.org ).
• Provided oracle DBA support for P8 Imaging systems
oracle DBA/Architect SPAWAR, New Orleans, LA 06/2006 – 01/2007
• Provided Database Administration & Application Development using PL/SQL for US Navy internal helpdesk website.
METHODS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, INC., Baton Rouge, LA 12/2001 – 06/2006
Principal Consultant (Louisiana Office of Group Benefits, Baton Rouge, LA)
• Provided project management, web administration, database administration and oracle Portal development for SEBOIS (State Employee Benefits Online Information Service – https://www.groupbenefits.org ).
? Implemented SSL configuration for web server which provides 256-bit encryption and compliance with the Standards for Individually Identifiable Health Information established by HIPAA.
? Configured the development, test, and production servers which allows for configuration management of source code in addition to creating an environment that provides for patch testing, migrations and upgrades prior to implementing to production.
? Tuned oracle Portal which achieved a significant performance boost and an increased knowledge of oracle Portal Architecture and APIs.
? Created custom self-registration for the https://www.groupbenefits.org web site.
? Created EDI for website Electronic Enrollment and SAP HR Payroll system
? Configured SSO with Mayo Clinic (Health Partner) and RightNow Technology (FAQ processing)
? Developed Custom Portal activity monitoring system
? Implemented web base Email system
? Created Standards for PL/SQL coding, Design, Documentation and Error Handling
oracle CORPORATION, Redwood Shores, CA 10/1996 – 11/2001
Principal Consultant (09/1998 – 11/2001)
Senior Consultant (10/1996 – 08/1998)
Primary Consulting Projects:
• SPAWAR, New Orleans, LA, 04/2001 – 11/2001
Gathered requirements for SPAWAR (Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command), analyzed data, and built the Advanced Replication environment for ad hoc reporting database (Navy Staffing Integrated Personnel System – NSIPS).
• NETPDTC, Pensacola, FL, 02/2001 – 03/2001
Provided both database and application tuning for the NETPDTC (Naval Education & Training Professional Development and Technology Center).
• NEXCOM (Navy Exchange Command), Norfolk, VA, 12/2000 – 02/2001
Created data conversion routines for data warehouse application
• CNRSW (Commander Navy Region Southwest, San Diego, CA, 11/2000 – 12/2000
Trained/mentored staff in oracle Portal application development.
• NETPDTC, Pensacola, FL, 10/2000 – 11/2000
Assisted staff in client/server and web development.
• DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Indianapolis, IN, 03/2000 – 09/2000
Provided oracle Designer support and generated a web-based help desk application using oracle Portal.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, LA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Computer Information Systems, 1991
oracle Corporation Training includes Developer, Database Administration, Backup & Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, SQL Tuning, Designer, Context Cartridge, Portal, and Advanced UNIX Training.