Oracle BI Consultant
· oracle Applications Business Intelligence and Reporting expert with more than 10 years of IT experience and 15 years of professional experience in various industrial sectors.
· Core area of expertise includes oracle eBusiness Suite, oracle Daily Business Intelligence (DBI) and oracle Discoverer.
· Functional knowledge on oracle General Ledger, Purchasing, Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Payables, Supply Chain, etc.
· Experience in all the aspects of software projects such as Client interaction, Business process analysis, Gap Analysis, System analysis & design, Data Modeling, Data warehousing, Preparing specifications, Developing software, Data migration, Porting, Documentation and User training.
· Good Knowledge in implementing integrated Business Intelligence capabilities that deliver reports and analyses using the right format & delivery method.
· Strong Skill sets in coordinating with Users and Development Team pertaining to QA testing and providing the alternates for Users/Development Team after test results.
· Demonstrated success in working with users in defining and documenting business requirements and has good understanding of both functional as well as technical aspects.
· Versatile and detail oriented application developer with technical/functional experience for a variety of businesses and motivated to rapidly acquires new skills on the job and has strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
· United States Citizen
· Interim Federal government approval granted to work on federal computer system
· Sf86 submitted for security clearance
Business Intelligence Tools oracle Discoverer 10gR2/9i/4i/3i(Admin/desktop/plus/viewer (web edition), PMF / PMV, DBI Designer 4.0.9, Daily Business Intelligence 6.0/7.1/7.2, oracle OLAP, XML Publisher, Financial Statement Generators, Noetix, etc
Languages SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++
Operating Systems UNIX, Ms-Dos 7.0, Windows XP/ 2000/ 98/ 95, and Windows NT
ERP oracle Application 11i, 11, 10.7
Modules Business Intelligence Systems (BIS), Daily Business Intelligence (DBI), FII, SCI, POA, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, oracle Order Management, CRM, oracle Purchasing, oracle Inventory, oracle Alerts, Bill of Materials (BOM) and Work in Process (WIP), System Administration and AOL, etc.
Front-End Tools Developer 2000, Forms 6i, Reports 6i & SQL * Loader
RDBMS & Tools oracle 10g / 9i/ 8i / 7.x, Toad and Sql Navigator, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL Developer
Data Modeling Tools ERWIN
QA and Project Mgmt. oracle AIM Methodology, PVCS (PolytronVersion Control System), Visual Source Safe, Mercury Interactive Tools, (Win Runner), etc.
Vervent Inc. - Santa Clara - CA Mar-06 to Till Date
Senior BI Consultant ?oracle Daily Business Intelligence
Vervent is a fast growing company with various locations worldwide and with two main lines of business ? Vervent Trade and Commerce (VTC) and Vervent Software Solutions (VSS). As part of their internal requirements to develop in-house expertise, oracle Applications 11i10 (R2) is implemented in test environments for oracle Financials, Payables, Receivables, Purchasing, Order Management and Inventory Management.
Responsible to implement oracle Daily Business Intelligence (7.2) for Financials, Procurement and Supply Chain in a Test Environment for Product evaluation and training. The Dashboards implemented and tested includes Profit and Loss, Profit and Loss by Manager, Expense Analysis, Expense Management, Procurement Status, Procurement Performance Management and Inventory Management. This includes documentation (BR100, TE130, etc), end-user training and testing.
Environment: Daily Business Intelligence 7.2, oracle Applications 126.96.36.199, AP, GL, AR, OM, INV and PO, Sun Solaris, Windows NT/2000, SQL, SQL plus, PL/SQL, etc.
Vervent Inc. - Santa Clara - CA Jan-06 to Mar-06
Senior BI Consultant ?oracle Discoverer
Worked as Business Intelligence lead to build Reporting solution on oracle Application environment using oracle Discoverer 4.1.48 as the primary reporting tool. Project Lead and on-site coordinator for a team of 6 developers working remotely from offshore. Responsible as Technical Architect for the design of End User Layer and the supporting Data Model. Developed specifications to create load programs for EUL based schema. Developed several reports in General Ledger, Purchasing, Order Management, Receivables, etc. As Team lead, responsible for entire SDLC, from design, development, testing to implementation and team co-ordination.
Also implemented out-of-the-box OLTP BIS environment for Financial Intelligence, Supply Chain Intelligence and Purchasing Intelligence. Custom developed discoverer reports from seeded OLTP EUL. Responsibilities also included - assisting in Discoverer 10gR2 installation, documentation of implementation setups, Testing and Quality Assurance of seeded EUL implementation and custom developments.
Environment: oracle Discoverer 10gR2/4i, oracle Applications 188.8.131.52, AP, GL, AR, OM, INV and PO, Sun Solaris, Windows NT/2000, SQL, SQL plus, PL/SQL, etc.
Unisys, Arlington, VA Apr?05 to Dec-05
Transport Security Administration (Department of Home Land Security)
Senior Project Manager
· Involved as team member in oracle Application (11.5.9) Implementation, especially in oracle Daily Business Intelligence (6.0) and oracle Discoverer.
· DBI 6.0 for Financials and Purchasing was implemented which includes ? Profit and Loss, Procurement Management and Procure to Pay Management.
· oracle Discoverer used for Adhoc reporting - Worked as Discoverer Tech. Lead on Financial reports of the company. Implemented BIS for Financials Intelligence.
· Cost Center Operating Statement Report
Display Total Fiscal Year Budget amount and the (Natural) Account descriptions. The report will display the Account description, YTD actual Amount, YTD Budget Amount and Total FY budget amount and total Available balance. It has a roll up to Parent account values group by the Account Types.
· Regional Income Report
Customized an FSG with similar Information but the roll up is at Legal Entity level and developed a Discoverer report.
· Heavily matrixed / projectized environment
· Meeting with government client to asses needs and weekly statuses on projects
· Weekly reports on project financial internal and to client.
· Cost proposal to government for project approval and acceptance.
· Change management approval from internal Project Management Office team and client (SCCB).
· Release management
§ Extensive Preplanning of disparate teams into an integrated cohesive release team for project release. Deployment/release plans and release schedule
§ Communication to team members, Project Management office and clients on issues and updated status prior to project release
§ Resolving issues during project release and critical analysis of release feasibility with team members - GO/NO GO call
· Pursuing heavily with matrix team to get the work complete. Involved with many different organizations: Security, System Administration, Engineering, Managed Services, Developers, Testers, Software installers, Hardware installers, Production, Vendors and many more.
· Project based organization: project manager handles full implementation and responsibility for completion of projects.
o Delivery of full development life cycle documents
· Code/patch of UNIX /Wintel/TIBCO
· Projects involve upgrading computer coding on government owned computers
§ Various computer languages used to fix/upgrade coding.
Robert Half International, Lanham, MD Jan-05 to Mar-05
· Financial Reconciliation of Bank Branches for major Washington DC bank.
· Extensive research and analysis of bank transaction that do not reconcile.
· Statistical analysis of daily Bank errors and advising branches on how to reduce errors.
International Business Machines Corp, Middletown, NJ Feb-99 to Dec-04
Client: AT&T, Morgan Stanley
· Over 700 projects. 100 project releases
· Technical Skills
o oracle Application Implementation. I was one of PM responsible for implementation in test environment. Test implementation was successful, but due to costs restrictions, production implementation did not occur.
o Project Management in various computer languages.
§ C, C++, Java, Hyperion, Excel, UNIX, Visual Basic, Shell Scripting, oracle, Informix.
o Coordinate Quality Assurance process for Creative bugs and issues discovered during development, system, integration, User Acceptance (UAT), and User Certification Testing (UCT).
o Full Project life-cycle implementations.
§ Test Manager - Full life cycle testing via Test Process Methodology, including utilization of PVCS tracker.
o Produced business case to client for multi-million dollar UNIX machine, which was approved by the client.
§ Chief architect in installment and technical specification for a new UNIX machine.
§ Inclusion of, but not limited to, system administration, Connect Direct, IBM MQseries configurations; oracle disk and file system fail over specifications, yielding a UNIX machine that is in 100% functional in production.
· Completed major portion of 4000 line Microsoft project tasks.
· Management of Teams.
o Management of multiple projects and project teams ? maximum of 13 different systems.
· Teams vary from 10-30 members per system.
· Domestic and international teams.
o Organize, plans, and supervision of others, yielding a high level of productivity from subordinates.
o Allocation and assignment of resources to projects and maintaining resource availability for the coming months.
o Communicate clearly, professionally, and timely and in a tone appropriate to each situation.
o Assign, monitor, and evaluate project activities while managing several Project Managers/Team Leaders.
o Track and document program issues, ensuring action items are resolved to completion.
o Team meeting (virtual) on weekly basis:
§ Development, Production, System Administration, and others for complete system and team health status
o Promoted a team environment in which diversity of ideas, opinions, and backgrounds are respected. Maintained cultural awareness with international team that expanded our team?s multi-dimensional thinking and team spirit functionality.
o Coordination own work and the work of others into a coherent whole.
· Client and Executive Relationship Management.
o Given a project situation, identify key issues for solution while utilizing optimal data gathering techniques, develop decision analysis approach, establish prioritized work plan, and understanding impact of recommendations on client organization.
o Political awareness within the client and executive management community.
o Handle problem recognition, research, resolution, and follow-up for routine client issues.
o Implement projects in a timely, cost effectiveness manner to meet the quality expectations of the client.
o Develop and deliver weekly project statuses, reports, project issues, and the project?s next steps.
o Weekly Senior Executive Management team meetings for financial and major project issue resolution.
o Communicate orally to advise upper management, negotiate acceptable outcomes, develop and maintain relationships internal and external to organization
o Proactive Customer Relationship Manager.
· Compliance of Methodologies.
o Utilize Software Development Framework ? a client methodology for project initiation, execution and completion.
o Implementation of SEI - CMM 2 and CMM 3.
o Analyze to develop issue policies, policy interpretation, regulations and guidelines of the organization. Ensure policy is consistent throughout organization
· Release Management.
o Synthesizing deployment plans and installs plans for production releases with incorporation of risk and contingency plans.
o Coordination of projects with synchronization of release dates. Working with other departments and client to re-do release dates to acceptable levels, if needed.
o Level 1 support for production release issues. Ensuring production issues are resolved to completion by task allocation and monitoring.
o Congregating all resources in a highly synchronized manner for project releases - Inclusion of but not limited to international, local, and back up teams. Other systems as needed for release are initiated for availability.
o Coordination of all internal and external teams on releases, accomplishing a highly successful team effort with an excellence in software implementation during release weekend.
o Maintain high level of professionalism during emergency and escalation proceedings.
American Telephone & Telegraph Corp, Herndon, VA Jan-98 to Jan-99
· Department outsourced from AT&T to IBM. Accomplishments under IBM apply.
· Project Manager for team of 10 people
· Coordination of project release teams for project releases
· Testing Unix based application - both front end and backend.
· Help desk support for any issues on applications
Chubb Professional Resources, New Brunswick, NJ Oct-97 to Dec-97
· Managing team to implement Visual Basic projects
· Developing/writing code for Visual Basic projects
· Troubleshooting & Help Desk.
Rutgers University Computing Services, New Brunswick, NJ May-97 to Dec-97
· Network troubleshooting
· Educating university students on computer concepts
· Computer Hardware/Software installation & troubleshooting
Rutgers University Physical Plant, Newark, NJ July-96 to Mar-97
· System Testing of Fox Pro Forms
· Help Desk for Fox Pro Users
· Troubleshooting and resolving Fox Pro software issues with team members
First Union National Bank, Edison, NJ Feb-90 to Jun-96
Customer Service Representative
· Conduct customer transactions via Intra net technology.
· Advised customer on Financial related matters
· Educate new employees on bank
· Resolving customer issues professionally and thoroughly.
Chubb Computer School ? 10/1997 - Top Gun Certification
Rutgers University - 5/1997 - B.A., Biology
· Associate in Applied Science Degree ? Accounting Professional ? Prince George?s college
· George Washington Certificate in Project Management