Resume DetailPurchase Contact $1
Multiple implementations of Oracle in a manufacturing environment, most recently R12
* Manage oracle EBS projects, implementations, and support
* Manage internal business analysts and external contractors
* Provide leadership in defining business requirements, process improvement, and engineering
Director of Operations Systems September 2008 to date - DRS Technologies, Johnstown, PA
Managed a team of internal business analysts, database administrators, and external contractors
* Managed technical team of external contractors in planning and implementing software and hardware upgrades to improve system performance, eliminated crashes and down time, at a significant reduction in hardware costs and maintenance
* Upgrade to 10.2.0.4 database, upgrade to EBS 12.0.6 Application
* Switch OS from UNIX to Linux and move to SAN disk array storage
* Formalized instance cloning, backups and maintenance
* Setup oracle BI and Discoverer reporting
* Managed internal business analysts in planning and testing upgrades, and implementing enhancements
* Identified and fixed data corruption from conversion
* Coordinated with oracle support to resolve significant coding errors in Contracts, ASCP, Receiving, Check Printing and WMS
* Automated Item, BOM and Routing load and maintenance for the build to print operations, reducing lead time to five days. Extended oracle ECO and document control.
* Reduced backlogs in AP, AR, and receiving
* Identified $1.2M in excess inventory
* Coordinated internal and external resources in prioritizing business requirements and implementing oracle process solutions
* Managed the development of training and training materials (UPK)
IT Project Manager September 2002 to July 2008 - Atrium Companies Inc., Dallas, TX
Managed a team of Internal Business Analysts and external contractors
* oracle 11i implementation of GL, AR, AP, OM, PO, INV, WMS nation wide, using AIM methodology
* Worked at multiple sites, guiding business leadership and functional teams in matching oracle solutions to business requirements
* Trained business leaders and end users in oracle applications at the functional level
* Implemented four divisions, in twelve months, from four different ERP platforms.
* Created interface files for data loads, planning BOM's for forecasting, costing, and inventory control.
* Created FSG reports for sales, accounting, and finance in a multi-org environment.
* Facilitated inventory reductions in Dallas of $1M and over $200K in Phoenix.
oracle 11i Project Manager January 2001 to July 2002 - Alcatel USA, Plano, Texas
* Managed 15 operations team leads for ERP conversion from oracle 10g to oracle 11i.
* Multi-org accounting structure
* BOM and INV conversions
* Interface oracle with manufacturing equipment
* Coordinated with external contractors and internal IT department to insure business requirements were met
Industrial Engineering Supervisor March 1994 to January 2001 - Alcatel USA, Plano, Texas
* Facilitated the ERP conversion from various platforms (ARMs, Digitrac, Copics) to oracle 10g
* Created multi-level metrics to manage operations and focus on direct costing
* Developed Capacity Plan reporting
* Demonstrated an equipment imbalance in SMT production resulting in a 50% increase in productivity
* Facilitated Inventory Control Team in process improvement and cost reduction of over $2M.
* Resolved $8M material variance in material issues
* Managed oracle labor cost revisions for quarterly and annual operating plans.
Senior Industrial Engineer October 1988 to March 1994 - Vought Aircraft, Grand Prairie, TX
* Facilitated ERP implementation of MACPAC-D MRP II manufacturing program.
* Facilitated the implementation of Integrated Manufacturing Process Methodology Program.
* Developed time standards (MOST) for machining, sheet metal fabrication, composite construction and paint and processing.
1988 University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering
* Member Alpha Pi Mu, APICS and IIE