Resume DetailPurchase Contact $1
As an accomplished Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Database Administrator with 20 years of Oracle experience, I am an expert in remote database administration in Oracle. I am now available to any Oracle Database installation in any of the following roles on a contracted hours per month basis or even short term assignments:• Do you need an experienced DBA but can’t afford one full time?• Do you need to supplement the staff they already have for projects?• Do you have upgrades and/or patching that needs to be done?• Do you have boring/monotonous tasks that need to be done but don’t want it taking away from project work?I specialize in all of these and more.
oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Expert in Remote Database Administration, Server Environments, and Project Management
Accomplished oracle Certified Professional and Database Administrator (DBA) with extensive experience developing/designing, installing, configuring, testing, and supporting next-generation database solutions in oracle enterprise environments. Highly-skilled in oracle Database Administration, performance tuning and capacity monitoring, data security and back-up/recovery, standby/failover administration, oracle Data Guard, RAC, OEM/Grid/Cloud Control, Forms and Reports Admin/Installation and configuration, Database-Backed Web Solutions, and SQL Tuning. Navigates complex technical environments and leads projects and deliverables with cross-functional groups.
oracle Database/Application Server, oracle OEM/Grid Cloud Control, UNIX/Linux Administration/Networking, oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control, Windows, AIX, HPUX, SUN SOLARIS, DYNIX/PTX, SQL, GUI, SQL*NET
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Technical Client Support & Installation | Technical Documentation | Remote Database Administration |
Database Administration | Database Tuning | Database Development |Networking | Cross-Functional Team Leadership |
Systems Integration | Consulting Services | Product Installation | Technical Training | Product Customization |
Product & Application Tuning | System & Server Upgrades | Performance Management
XEROX BUSINESS SERVICES formerly ACS, formerly SCT, Kentucky 1997-2000, 2002-2016
Senior Technical Consultant
Install SCT/ACS/XEROX systems, product upgrades, database, and product performance tuning, problem analysis/resolution, and technical input to effectively plan product development and updates. Execute Remote Database Administration/Technical Services (RDBA) agreements.
- Successfully installed SCT/ACS/XEROX systems at multiple locations in 20+ states and international locations including Singapore and Botswana. Supported Botswana installation from inception to completion via four separate installation and upgrade cycles from oracle 10.2 to 11.2 hardware upgrades. Completed application and server upgrades for the entire country and two separate government agencies.
- Trained and developed technical training materials for 20+ domestic and international locations covering oracle Tools (SQL*PLUS), oracle Database Administration Fundamentals I & II, and SCT/ACS Justice Information System (Banner/CONTEXTE) Technical Training.
- Analyzed performance-related issues and adjusted design and configuration of oracle database to optimize performance.
- Spearheaded installation, certification, tuning, and support of the SCT/ACS/XEROX (Banner/JIS Contexte) system and oracle (7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c).
- Integrated oracle options including RAC, Data Guard, Replication, and RMAN.
- Implemented oracle OEM/Grid/Cloud Control for three separate entities.
- Implemented and supported oracle via Windows, AIX, HPUX, SCO UNIX, SUN SOLARIS, DYNIX/PTX, and Linux as well as oracle Application Server 4.0.81., 9iAs, 10gAS and oracle Weblogic 10.3.6.
- Supported four courts in Memphis, TN over 10 years remotely and on-site; supported multiple upgrades and go-live tasks ranging from oracle 9.2 through 12c back-end software and oracle WebLogic server 10.3.6 front end.
- Performed numerous onsite visits for various technical issues ranging from databases to applications servers.
TRASYS, INC., Kentucky 2000-2002
Senior oracle Database Administrator
- Served as a Senior Database Administrator; managed oracle 8.1.7, 8.1.6, 8.1.5, and 8.0.5 on HP/UX and Windows platforms.
- Delivered subject matter expertise and support to a multi-site auto manufacturer in five states.
LIFELINE VERTICAL SYSTEM (LVS), Longwood, FL/Atlanta, GA 1996-1997
Senior Database Administrator/Technical Consultant
- Conducted contract consulting and training on oracle 7 including implementation, project planning database administration, performance tuning, backup, and recovery for oracle clients.
- Installed oracle 7 and upgraded oracle 6 to oracle 7 including SQL*NET and oracle Forms (Versions 3&4) in character mode and GUI.
- Delivered technical support and assisted on various UNIX and Windows Platforms for hosts and workstations.
- Conducted training classes and onsite user training for Forms, SQL, SQL*PLUS, and PL/SQL.
Earlier Professional Experience
US Bancorp, Portland, OR 1990-1996
- Senior Project Manager, responsible for workstation support of downsizing COBOL programming from mainframe to OS/2 workstations and managing local area network of 1500 workstations.
- Assisted moving data center from one site to another.
IBM US, Florida and Oregon 1980-1990
- Large systems programmer – MVS/JES2
- IBM Broadband Local Area PC Network
- Systems Engineer
oracle Certified Professional - Database 10g, 11g