Senior Oracle DBA Consultant/Contractor with over 25 years IT experience
Independent Contractor specialized in oracle technologies seeking for C2C works.
Email: .@crotondynamics.com Phone:571.331.8119
Accomplished and resourceful professional with 25+ years of experience in oracle database engineering, administration, design, and development; three years in Big Data technology.
Clearance: Active SSBI Security Clearance/SCI with a CI Polygraph
TECHNICAL SKILLS and EXPERTISE
Highly proficient in database clustering
- oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 and Exadata Database Machine
- oracle Real Application Cluster (12c, 11g, 10g, 9i)
- Hadoop Clusters (Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop (CDH) 4.x, 5.x)
Extensive experience in database installation, upgrade, and migration
- oracle database upgrade and patching with the minimal downtime
- Data center relocation and technology refresh of database server
Expert at troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Investigation of system resource contention
- Diagnostics of I/O and network bottlenecks
- Proactive database configuration and optimization to eliminate performance risk
Technical excellence in high availability solutions
- oracle Data Guard, backup and disaster recovery
Independent Contractor, June 2006 to Present
Croton Dynamics, Inc., Vienna, VA
Client: Sotera Defense Solutions, Washington, DC, May 2016 to Present
As a database engineer, support a 36,000-user application that handles case management for a DOJ agency.
- Responsible for upgrading and patching 12c RAC databases on oracle engineered systems (Supercluster and Exadata). Implemen a rolling upgrade using (transient) logical standby approach to achieve near zero downtime for 12.2 RAC upgrade.
- Manage databases in production, QA, and development environments. The main database is over 20 terabytes.
Client: Sotera Defense Solutions, McLean/Vienna, VA, November 2007 to April 2016
As a database engineer, supports multiple mission critical counterterrorism applications. Performs leadership activities that bridge technical development and production, identifies and implements new technologies, and troubleshoots technical issues, offers guidance and recommendations to government and contract leads as needed. Evaluates and recommends various database technologies to meet current and future mission objectives.
- Responsible for a big data analytics project including hardware/software selection, implementation of three 13-node Hadoop clusters.
- Provided engineering support to data scientists including Hive, Impala, Ozzie, Sqoop, Spark, and Hue.
- Implemen Hadoop Security using Cloudera Manager.
- Installed and upgraded Cloudera Manager and CDH.
- Led a technology-refresh project that upgraded all environments to oracle 12c, Linux 6, newer Dell bare metal machines, and jumbo frames on network interface 10GbE.
- Developed silent install scripts and step-by-step instructions for database administrators to install, configure, patch, and upgrade oracle RAC database to 12c.
- Integra high availability best practices into every aspect of system architecture to avoid single point of failure including fully redundant network switches and bonding network interfaces.
- Reloca all oracle database servers to a new data center using oracle Data Guard and NetApp SnapMirror to minimize the down time.
- Measured and established a network performance baseline including TCP and UDP for oracle RAC interconnect and storage network.
- Responsible for migrating all oracle databases from Sun SPARC to Linux using Transportable Tablespaces.
- Conduct research and development of running oracle RAC in virtualization including Citrix Xen, oracle VM VirtualBox, and VMware. Also evalua shared storage options when installing oracle RAC, including NFS, iSCSI/ASM, and OCFS2.
Client: National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Implemen a fully redundant oracle web-based portal application for the Division of Radiation Safety. System architecture is comprised of F5 BIG-IP load balancers, oracle 11g Identity and Access Management, and 12c RAC database. Installed, configured, and administered oracle 12c RAC on Windows 64-bit platform using HP MSA2000i G2 iSCSI storage and oracle ASM.
Client: ManTech IS&T, Washington, DC
Assis the Web Intelligence Search Engine (WISE) team in implementing oracle 10gR2 RAC using ASM and EMC SAN on Sun SPARC platform. Successfully upgraded oracle 10gR1 single instance database to 10gR2 2-node RAC database via Data Guard/physical standby database configuration to minimize production down time.
Client: U. S. Office of Personnel Management, Washington, DC
As the primary DBA for supporting Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) web application, administered oracle 9i RAC on Red Hat Linux and EMC CLARiiON SAN. Also assis in migrating a financial application (PFIS) from client-server to 3-tier architecture. Solely handled installation, upgrade and configuration of oracle 10g Application Servers and 10g databases.